Fox1470.com Phillies Contributor
After losing in 18 Innings last night, The Phillies & Arizona Diamondbacks played the final game of 3 game weekend series from Citizens Bank Park. Phillies announced that Roy Halladay will start today due to using Tyler Cloyd in last night’s game, Halladay faced Diamondbacks Patrick Corbin. Ryne Sandberg made changes to the lineup, Roger Bernadina in center & leading off the game, Jimmy Rollins bats 2nd, Michael Young batting 3rd & at 1st base , Erik Kratz catching & bats 4th, Kevin Frandsen got start at 2nd, Darin Ruf in left & Mayberry in Right.
The Game 1st hit came from Diamondbacks Tony Campana in the 1st inning with a triple to right. The Phillies 1st hit of game came from Michael Young with single to center in 1st inning. The 1st runs of game came in the top of 1st inning when Adam Eaton grounds out to short scoring Tony Campana for early 1-0 lead. The Phillies responded in the bottom of 1st inning when Darin Ruf singles to left scoring Roger Bernadina to tie game at 1, then Cody Asche doubles to right scoring Michael Young & Erik Kratz for a 3-1 lead, they were not done yet as Kevin Frandsen grounds out scoring Darin Ruf for a 4-1 lead at end of 1st inning. The Diamondbacks would get 1 run back in the 2nd when Tuffy Gosewisch hits a sacrifice fly to center scoring A. J. Pollock to cut Phillies lead 4-2, which was Gosewisch 1st career RBI. Roger Bernadina takes a home run away from Matt Davidson to end the 3rd inning. Phillies would add more runs in the 4th inning when John Mayberry hits 2 run home run to left scoring Kevin Frandsen to make it 6-2 Phillies. The Phillies continue to add runs in the 6th when Chase Utley singles to right scoring Cody Asche to make it 7-2, then Roger Bernadina doubles to right scoring Kevin Frandsen & John Mayberry to make it 9-2 Phillies. Roger Bernadina makes an amazing diving catch in center to get Tuffy Gosewisch for 2nd out in 7th inning. The Diamondbacks trying to stay in game in 8th inning when .A. J. Pollock hits a 3 run home run to left scoring Tony Campana & Adam Eaton to make it 9-5 Phillies. Jake Diekman comes in and throws a 1-2-3 inning as Phillies win 9-5 and Phillies win 2 consecutive series for first time since early July. Phils have won 6 of last 8.
Roy Halladay went 6 innings, 4 hits, 2 runs, 2 strikeouts on 94 pitches; Diamondbacks Patrick Corbin went 5.1 innings, 7 hits, 9 runs, 4 strikeouts on 104 pitches.
Fans Feedback during the Game:
1. Jenny Buxhoeveden on Facebook & Twitter (@Jennyx3Bux) “Roy Halladay got his first win since being on the DL! Welcome back, Doc!!”
2. Seamus Doyle on Twitter (@SaintSeamus) “Roy Halladay pitched great, Roger Bernadina flashed some leather, great game. Don't stop now!
3. Laurie Stenger on Twitter (@LaurieStenger10) “Glad the offense did its thing for Halladay.”
4. Jessica on Twitter (@JessiDreamer17) “It was exactly what they needed after such a long night, Doc came home, pitched very well and the offense showed up too”
5. Brooke Miller on Twitter (@Brookie425) “Halladay gets the win in his 1st game back! 2 Excellent plays from Bernadina in the field, Nice win today”
WP: Roy Halladay (3-4)
LP: Patrick Corbin (13-4)
Time of game: 2:49
Attendance at Citizens Bank Park: 36,128